Super Blender Bowl Contest Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE UNITED STATES (EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO THE U.S. VIRGIN ISLANDS, AND OTHER COMMONWEALTHS, TERRITORIES AND POSESSIONS) ENTRY IN THIS CONTEST CONSTITUTES YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- BINDING AGREEMENT: In order to enter the Contest, you must agree to the Rules. Therefore, please read these Rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree. You agree that submission of an entry in the Contest constitutes agreement to these Rules. You may not submit an entry to the Contest and are not eligible to receive the prizes described in these Rules unless you agree to these Rules. These Rules form a binding legal agreement between you and The Natural Citizen hereafter “TNC” with respect to the Contest.
- ELEGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter the Contest, an Entrant must: (a) be a U.S. citizen or a legal U.S. resident (i.e. must be able to show proof of legal residence); and (b) be of legal age of majority in your state of residence; Contest is void where prohibited by law. Employees, interns, contractors, and official office-holders of The Natural Citizen, their respective directors, officers, employees, advertising and promotion agencies, representatives, and agents ("Contest Entities"), and members of the Contest Entities' and their immediate families (parents, siblings, children, spouses, and life partners of each, regardless of where they live) and members of the households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers and directors are ineligible to participate in this Contest.
- SPONSOR: The Natural Citizen, LLC, sponsors the Contest. ("TNC" or "Sponsor"), a Texas corporation with principal place of business at 1108 Lavaca Street, Suite 110-186, Austin, TX 78703.
- HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. To enter the Contest, a) Follow @thenaturalcitizen, @rachaelsgoodeats, @sweetpotato_sneakers and @syd_healthynfit on Instagram; b) Blend up a smoothie or blender bowl; c) Post a Photograph and tag @thenaturalcitizen in your photograph and post; d) Add a caption telling us which of the TNC products would make your bowl better and why And use the hashtag #BlendtoWin; e) Our panel will select the winners who will score the photos and captions. The photographs and supporting statements must meet the “TNC Requirements” described below.
CONTEST PERIOD: The Contest begins onFebruary 4th, 2016 Central Time (CT) at 12:00AM Zone in the United States and ends on February 9th, 2016 11:59 Central Time (CT) Zone ("Contest Period"). All dates are subject to change.
- TNC REQUIREMENTS: The Photograph and supporting statements must meet the following criteria ("TNC Requirements"):
- They must not be derogatory, offensive, threatening, defamatory, disparaging, libelious or contain any content that is inappropriate, indecent, sexual, profane, tortuous, slanderous, discriminatory in any way, or that promotes hatred or harm against any group or person, or otherwise does not comply with the theme and spirit of the Contest.
- They must not contain content, material or any element that is unlawful, or otherwise in violation of or contrary to all applicable federal, state, or local laws and regulation including the laws or regulations in any state where the Photograph and supporting statement are created.
- They must not contain any content, material or element that displays any third party advertising, slogan, logo, trademark or otherwise indicates a sponsorship or endorsement by a third party, commercial entity or that is not within the spirit of the Contest, as determined by TNC, in its sole discretion.
- They must be original, unpublished works that does not contain, incorporate or otherwise use any content, material or element that is owned by a third party or entity.
- They cannot contain any content, element, or material that violates a third party's publicity, privacy or intellectual property rights.
- The Photograph is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim.
- The Entrant does not include any disparaging remarks relating to the Sponsor or a third party.
- During the Contest Period, TNC, its agents and/or the Judges (defined below) will be evaluating the Photographs and supporting statements to ensure that they meet the TNC Requirements. TNC reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any Entrant who submits a Photograph and supporting statements that does not meet the TNC Requirements. Incomplete entries or entries not complying with these Rules are subject to disqualification.
- JUDGING: Each photograph will be evaluated and scored based on the following "Criteria": (i) artistic skills (ii) creativity and originality - as well as the unique and novel using of the products; (iii) adherence to the TNC Requirements and these Rules; iv) The expert panel is formed by three Instagram users.
- NUMBER OF WINNERS: One
- NOTIFICATON DATE: The winner will be notified on February 11, 2016
- NOTIFICATION OF THE WINNER: Becoming a winner is subject to validation and verification of eligibility and compliance with all the terms and conditions set forth in these Rules. If a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, the Photograph that received the next highest total score will be chosen as the winner. The winner will be selected and notified on Instagram, at TNC’s discretion. If the winner does not respond to the notification attempt within three (3) days from the first notification attempt, then such winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received based on the judging Criteria. With respect to notification such notification will be deemed when the winner engages in a live conversation with TNC or when a message is left on the winner’s Instragram account. Except where prohibited by law, the winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability and Publicity Release and provide any additional information that may be required by TNC.
- PRIZE: The winner will win a swag bag of The Natural Citizen's product and a t-shirt valued at over $100.
- GENERAL CONDITIONS: All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. TNC reserves the right to disqualify any Entrant from the Contest if in TNC’s sole discretion, it reasonably believes that the Entrant has attempted to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, deception, or other unfair playing practices or annoys, abuses, threatens or harasses any other entrants, TNC, or the Judges.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS: As between TNC and the Entrant, the Entrant retains ownership of all intellectual and industrial property rights (including moral rights) in and to the Photograph. As a condition of entry, Entrant grants TNC a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, transferable, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, adapt, modify, publish, distribute, publicly perform, create a derivative work from, and publicly display the Photograph for any purpose, including display on the TNC website, without any attribution or compensation to Entrant.TNC retains all rights in the TNC products and services and entry into this Contest will in no case serve to transfer any TNC intellectual property rights to the Entrant.
- PUBLICITY: By entering the Contest, Entrants agree to participate in any media or promotional activity resulting from the Contest as reasonably requested by TNC at TNC's expense and agree and consent to use of their name and/or likeness by TNC. TNC will contact Entrants in advance of any TNC-sponsored media request.
The Photograph may also be used for press and media purposes and Entrant agrees to waive any rights and not assert any intellectual property rights that Entrant has or may have in the Photograph. TNC reserves the right to publish the name and likeness of the Entrant, the Winner on the Contest Site or through other media for publicity purposes.
- WARRANTY AND INDEMNITY: Entrants warrant that their Photograph are their own original work and, as such, they are the sole and exclusive owner and rights holder of the submitted Photograph and that they have the right to submit the Photograph in the Contest and grant all required licenses. Each Entrant agrees not to submit any Photograph that: (a) infringes any third party proprietary rights, intellectual property rights, industrial property rights, personal or moral rights or any other rights, including without limitation, copyright, trademark, trade names, industrial designs, patent, trade secret, privacy, publicity or confidentiality obligations; or (b) otherwise violates applicable state, federal, or local law.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, Entrant indemnifies and agrees to keep indemnified TNC at all times from and against any liability, claims, demands, losses, damages, costs and expenses resulting from any act, default or omission of the Entrant and/or a breach of any warranty set forth herein. To the maximum extent permitted by law, Entrant agrees to defend, indemnify and hold harmless TNC from and against any and all claims, actions, suits or proceedings, as well as any and all losses, liabilities, damages, costs and expenses (including reasonable attorneys fees) arising out of or accruing from: (i) any Photograph or other material uploaded or otherwise provided by Entrant that infringes any copyright, trademark, trade secret, trade dress, patent or other intellectual property right of any person or defames any person or violates their rights of publicity or privacy; (ii) any misrepresentation made by Entrant in connection with the Contest; (iii) any non-compliance by Entrant with these Rules; (iv) claims brought by persons or entities other than the parties to these Rules arising from or related to Entrant's involvement with the Contest; (v) acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in any Contest-related activity or participation in the Contest
- NOT AN OFFER OR CONTRACT OF EMPLOYMENT: Under no circumstances shall the submission of the Photograph into the Contest, the awarding of a prize, or anything in these Rules be construed as an offer or contract of employment with TNC. Entrants acknowledge that they submitted their Photograph voluntarily and not in confidence or in trust. Entrants acknowledge that no confidential, fiduciary, agency or other relationship or implied-in-fact contract now exists between Entrant and TNC and that no such relationship is established by Entrant's submission of the Photograph under these Rules.
- FORUM AND RECOURSE TO JUDICIAL PROCEDURES: These Rules shall be governed by, subject to, and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Texas, United States of America, excluding all conflict of law rules. If any provision(s) of these Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect. To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, seek injunctive relief or make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and Entrants expressly waive any and all such rights.